How to remove alcohol intoxication? The question is very relevant, because, as you know, not a single holiday is complete without alcohol, some do not mind drinking another glass and just like that. If you do not know the measure, then poisoning of the body can occur, so you should know in advance how to get rid of alcohol intoxication.
First you need to know who most often has alcohol intoxication and what symptoms signal poisoning. In some situations, the state of binge can be cured on its own, but sometimes immediate medical attention is required. Many people ask the question: how to quickly relieve the symptoms of poisoning? It should be noted right away that this condition cannot be cured in an hour, it will take time and patience.
How to understand that poisoning has occurred?
Alcohol poisoning can be manifested by the following symptoms:
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Headache occurs when blood vessels dilate as a result of the absorption of alcohol into the blood.
- Feeling of thirst.
These are the main signs of poisoning that appear in almost all who have drunk alcohol. There are also a number of symptoms that appear in a certain category of people or with severe intoxication:
- Depressed consciousness, which can be manifested by slurred speech, the inability to focus the gaze, the lack of an adequate response to external stimuli.
- Possible loss of consciousness for a short period or drowsiness of the patient.
- Performance of cold sweat.
- Paleness of the skin.
- Violation of the heart rhythm and respiratory rate.
- Increased or slow heart rate.
- Decreased body temperature and blood pressure.
- The appearance of seizures.
- Pupil constriction.
- A strong smell of ethanol in the room where the patient is.
First aid for alcohol intoxication
How to get rid of poisoning? First aid for the removal of alcohol intoxication consists in the following actions:
- The first thing to do is to clear the stomach so that alcohol does not stop flowing into the blood. Prepare a soda solution: 1 tbsp is taken for 1 liter of boiled warm water . soda. A person with poisoning must drink all this. It may not be possible to drink everything at once, but the more soda solution enters the stomach, the better. If you don’t have baking soda, plain water will work too.
- Try to induce vomiting in the patient. This can be achieved by pressing with a spoon or two fingers on the root of the tongue. If this caused malaise, then the sick person can lie down.
- The next step is to call a doctor. If this is not possible for some reason, then you should always be near the poisoned person, especially when he is sleeping.
- 2-3 minutes after gastric lavage, it is worth drinking some enterosorbent . These can be activated charcoal (tablets), Smecta , Polyphepan , Enterosgel . Dosages should be taken into account according to the instructions. Activated charcoal is usually taken at the rate of 1 tablet per 10 kg of body weight.
- It is necessary to lay the patient only on his side, in no case on his back, since it is possible to suffocate with sudden vomiting.
- If the person feels better, you can additionally apply a cold compress to the head.
- For mild poisoning, ordinary strong brewed black tea can help.
What to do in case of loss of consciousness? If a person is unconscious as a result of poisoning, then first aid will be as follows:
- Call the emergency team as a matter of urgency.
- Then try to bring the person to his senses by letting him sniff a cotton swab moistened with ammonia.
- Lay the patient on his side and free the chest from pressure clothing and other accessories. Place a tight, high roller under your head.
- Open windows to let fresh air into the room.
- Do not leave the victim unattended, make sure that there is no overheating or hypothermia of the body.
Do not attempt to gastric lavage of an unconscious person or give pills or medicines, as there is a risk of water, objects or vomit entering the respiratory tract, leading to partial or complete asphyxia. If there is a respiratory arrest or depression of the heart muscle, then emergency assistance should be provided to the victim in the form of artificial respiration and chest compressions.
Other measures against poisoning
Removal of alcohol intoxication is carried out in other ways. This is the use of commonly available medicines. For example, aspirin and similar drugs that are in any home neutralize toxins and remove them from the body.
If you can expect poisoning after drinking alcohol, then you should take care of your safety in advance. So, many people try to eat more fatty foods before drinking alcohol, and rightly so, since fatty foods can envelop the stomach, thereby preventing the absorption of alcohol into the blood.
Always eat before drinking. Most often, alcohol poisoning happens to hungry people. A contrast shower will help relieve intoxication after binge. He, of course, will not relieve poisoning, but will reduce its manifestations.
But all of the above treatment of alcohol intoxication is effective for moderate poisoning. If severe alcohol intoxication of the body occurs, then immediately call an ambulance, as there is a risk of death. In this case, the treatment will be carried out in a hospital.
Often in medical institutions, for the treatment of patients with poisoning, the drug Reamberin is used , which is administered drip , removing unnecessary substances from the body. Reamberin has a detoxifying effect on the patient , it is used mainly in the hospital. Hepa-Merz and sodium thiosulfate have a similar effect , they remove ammonia and other toxic compounds from the body, thus preventing liver poisoning.
Infusion therapy is also carried out, aimed at providing the body with the missing water, electrolytes, nutrients and drugs.
Folk methods for the treatment of alcohol intoxication
Of the traditional medicine, the following are the most effective:
- Preparation of honey water. Honey contains fructose, which helps to quickly get rid of toxins. The recipe is simple: dissolve honey in water so that the water is sweetish, and drink without restriction, the more the better.
- Diuretic tea. It is prepared on the basis of decoctions of medicinal plants, such as thyme, parsley root, linden, peppermint and horsetail.
- Saffron tincture. It is worth drinking after vomiting has been induced and the stomach has cleared. Take 1 dl for 2 cups of hot water . ground grass. Cover the decoction with gauze and let it cool. Drink in small sips.
- Egg whites. In case of alcohol poisoning, separate the whites of 2 eggs and drink them in one gulp.
General recommendations regarding alcohol poisoning
It is not necessary to treat alcohol intoxication with alcoholic beverages, which is called a hangover. This is an additional burden on the body, which cannot end well. With a slight hangover, it is best to go to bed, so your condition will not be so pronounced. Do not try to stop vomiting when poisoned, so the body gets rid of toxins, not allowing them to be absorbed into the blood.
The very first symptom to stop while drinking alcohol is redness of the face. So, you should already stop drinking or skip a couple of toasts and take a walk in the fresh air to unwind. You can still have a tight snack, so alcohol will not be absorbed into the bloodstream.
If all the actions to provide assistance in case of poisoning have been carried out, the patient has drunk the necessary medications, but there is no relief, and the person becomes worse, then you should urgently consult a doctor. Perhaps alcohol intoxication hides another disease that requires urgent medical attention.
Thus, it is quite possible to remove alcohol poisoning of moderate severity at home, both by folk methods and by medication. On the other hand, why allow such a state? After all, you can control yourself when drinking alcohol, and if this is not possible, then generally refuse to drink.
Remember that after alcohol in large quantities, failures occur in the body, severe heart disease and liver disease develop, and no medicine will bring relief.
Alcohol only clouds thinking, there is a lot of entertainment besides drinking alcohol. You just need to look around and find a hobby or other interest in life.